Brodcast to lan plus other problems (Resolved)

Broadcast to lan option is enabled in the webui but when i search for servers in game its not automatically picking it up. I can connect from adding the server manually.

Also ip tables are not loading on reboot even though iptables-restore < /etc/iptables-rules is set in the boot script.

The wiki is also misinformed 25565 is not defined by default as per listing the table on a fresh setup. There was actually no ports set at all. Also the SSH information on the wiki is saying something along the lines of SFTP is not enabled by default and SSH port is closed by default this is not the case either because i was able to do both of these protocols straight away after looking through the relevant files and noticing that they were all turned on.

If you are going to run some information for people and it automatically conflicts then to me that makes me not want to bother.

zzzzzzzzzzz

forgive me i am a little but annoyed atm because its been a slog i have not messed with MineOS for a good few years and last time it was pretty straight forward and i do not remember having any of these issues.

Retracting my opening post somewhat after looking further…
iptables on startup primarily 25565 is all i am concerned about atm…

root@MineOS ~# systemctl status rc-local.service

* rc-local.service - /etc/rc.local Compatibility
     Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service; static)
    Drop-In: /usr/lib/systemd/system/rc-local.service.d
             `-debian.conf
     Active: inactive (dead)
       Docs: man:systemd-rc-local-generator(8)

rc.local

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

iptables-restore < /etc/iptables-rules
exit 0

root@MineOS ~# nano /etc/iptables-rules

# Generated by iptables-save v1.8.7 on Fri Jan 21 05:35:53 2022
*filter
:INPUT ACCEPT [202:14178]
:FORWARD ACCEPT [0:0]
:OUTPUT ACCEPT [224:29012]
-A INPUT -p tcp -m tcp --dport 25565 -j ACCEPT
COMMIT
# Completed on Fri Jan 21 05:35:53 2022

root@MineOS ~# iptables --list

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

After rebooting the server then listing the table…as you can see there is some problem here but i am not sure where to go from here tbh. I am a novice with linux but i know enough that in all due purpose it seems to be in place and should be working as intended? but its not.

All is well now just took me a day to rap my head around things again i guess…Resolved

I’ll look into this. It’s my understanding that these ports should all be defined by default–they’re in the build script:

91iptables runs just after you set the root and mc user passwords, creating the /etc/iptables-rules that should also be loaded on each subsequent reboot. I’ll verify.

it works as intended i was looking at it literally when rebooting the server and then doing --iptables list and no information was filled in the table. Which i assume its supposed to show the data?

my server was not displaying in the game but i had several issues at once kind of thing and when i was trying to make sure that the relevant port was making it out. i was lead to thinking this was the culprit. It was actually something else i am not sure now because i have been asleep since but i had several things going wrong at once.

Edit: i explained that poorly what i meant to say is i was lead to believe that no ports were defined because there is none displayed when doing --iptables even now this is the case but i can see the server now and connect to it were as initially i could not which is why i thought this was a problem.