Any Other Logs available?

Hi All,

I’ve got turnkey running on a VM ware box, and have been trying to get the latest Direwolf20 pack to run on it.

I’ve created the profile, copied the required files etc. When I ‘start’ the server, I get the ‘start [success]’ toast notification appear, and then nothing. No entries on the console. The server doesn’t start.

How can I find out whats wrong. Surely, somewhere on the system, an error happens, and is logged, but how can I find this?

Hope someone can point me in the right direction

Thanks,

Steve

Depending on whether you started the server with a different profile initially might explain why the webui is showing the incorrect log. However, all logs are still being made, and you can find it via ssh or sftp:

/var/games/minecraft/servers/servername/

Check the log dw20 generates, I dont know the name off the top of my head.

Also, you can try manually starting the server and seeing if theres any onscreen feedback, such as a java error (most common is you have the java heap size greater than available memory).

If you do manually start the server, however, be sure you don’t do it as root, as that can botch permissions.

Thanks for the response, Hexparrot.

The logs are normally output to ‘logs’ in the folder containing the server jar.

Looking in here, I can’t see any new files or files modified to correspond with the server starting.

I’ll start the server from the command line, and see what happens.

Starting the server from the CLI give this:-

mc@core servers/FTB$ java -Xmx2560M -Xms512M -jar FTBServer.jar nogui
A problem occurred running the Server launcher.java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.run(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:43)
        at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ServerLaunchWrapper.main(ServerLaunchWrapper.java:12)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/logging/log4j/Level
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
        at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.logging.log4j.Level
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:425)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
        ... 8 more
mc@core servers/FTB$

This could be an FTB issue… but i’m not convinced, as the server starts elsewhere.

Right,

I’ve fixed this… The jar file you get with the inital download, is not the actual ‘game’ jar. I didn’t copy the new file across, as I didn’t understand what was happening.

Thanks for the replies… when I get a moment, i’ll write a full guide for people to follow.

Hey years later i still got the same problem. Did you write that “full guide”? or can you explain me your solution