Am unable to start a 1.19.2 forge server

i had used this (@user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.19.2-43.2.3/unix_args.txt) based on what another post said but it still did not work does anyone know what may be wrong

I’d check the Java version To make sure you’ve got the correct one.

logs are also a good idea if you can read them or post them here if you are unsure.

nevermind its working

how did you get it to work?

After scouring this forum for days in search of a solution, I finally found the answer. The key lies in obtaining the correct Java version - in my case, version 17.0.1 did the trick. Additionally, the arguments used are of utmost importance. I did not modify the Java argument from its default “win” to “unix” after copying it from the start.bat file. To clarify, the argument should resemble the following :

@user_jvm_args.txt @libraries/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.19.2-43.2.3/win_args.txt
(keep in mind it might be slightly different depending on the version of forge you are using.)

It cannot be overstated how crucial it is to switch the argument to “unix” - failure to do so will result in a failure to launch. As someone who is new to this, I erroneously assumed that it would not matter.