Additional Java arguments

It was brought to my attention I might be running outdated Additional Java arguments on my servers, any recommended settings for Java 8?

I have this now:
-Xmn2G -Xss4M -Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=10000 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:ParallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

from google I found this; just not sure if the -jar at the end is needed in MineOS ?

-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar

Here’s a four-page thread about Java arguments.

I recommend you read the thread, instead of just the original posting. Notably, 1, 2, 3 and finally 4 (most important).

well the server wouldn’t start with, “-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar” so I cut it back to what the guy first told me that was helping with my lag issue, “-XX:+UseG1GC -jar” my question is since he gave me a line for a start.sh file is do I need the “-jar” or does MineOS add that already?

MineOS already handles Xmx, Xms, and -jar filename.jar.

Anything beyond that, I’d realllllllly wonder if it has been tested well enough to know that it is applicable, helpful, non-hurtful to use.

-XX:+UseBiasedLocking

-XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods – are you sure you know what these do–and more importantly, whether they actually would have a real, measurable impact to include them? (for starters, BiasedLocking is already on by default in 1.6, presumably beyond that, again making these arguments questionable to use)

ok Thanks, so best to only run this argument

-XX:+UseG1GC