cd /usr/games
rm -rf /usr/games/minecraft
git clone https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node.git minecraft
cd minecraft
git config core.filemode false
chmod +x service.js mineos_console.js generate-sslcert.sh webui.js
npm install
cp mineos.conf /etc/mineos.conf

Right now we’re running into an issue where its basically just the git config part of your server. For reasons unknown it is smart enough to know how to update to the latest commit, but not managing to see remote-hosted branches, which is … weird.

Thanks, I’ll give this a shot when I get home tonight and update with the results.

Well, progress was made in that I was able to successfully switch to fireworm_tracking.

root@mineos games/minecraft# git checkout fireworm_tracking
Branch fireworm_tracking set up to track remote branch fireworm_tracking from origin.
Switched to a new branch 'fireworm_tracking'

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to have made any difference in the WebUI.

------- Edit

I was able to confirm that this is indeed the issue. I moved my dynmap files and folders to a temp location outside of the minecraft files, restarted the server and WebUI, and WebUI worked normally. As dynmap is an essential plugin for my players I’ve restored it back again, and will continue to assist in troubleshooting this as much as possible.

It looks like I missed a few lines of code that made MineOS still continue to over-track files in the webui, and end up going crazy.

I think I have addressed this fully now with a more recent commit to the fireworm_tracking branch. Can you try it again and see if this solves the issue?

git fetch
git checkout fireworm_tracking
git pull
supervisorctl restart mineos

I’d be absolutely thrilled if I have finally fixed this bug once and for all…

1 Like

I was hoping this was it, but unfortunately it looks like the only change was some new entries in the mineos.log file. No visible change on the UI after the restart. Also did a full restart of the host machine and it didn’t affect anything either.

Newest mineos.log file here: http://pastebin.com/4nzbi8Yk

EDIT:

Output from the above commands for reference:

root@mineos games/minecraft# git fetch

remote: Counting objects: 20, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (20/20), done.
remote: Total 20 (delta 9), reused 0 (delta 0), pack-reused 0
Unpacking objects: 100% (20/20), done.
From GitHub - hexparrot/mineos-node: node.js implementation of mineos minecraft management
eb67709…5fe4fac fireworm_tracking → origin/fireworm_tracking

• [new branch] ftbinstall → origin/ftbinstall
    root@mineos games/minecraft# git pull
    Updating eb67709…5fe4fac
    Fast-forward
    server.js | 3 +±
    1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

Noting the references to ftbinstall, not sure if it makes a difference here, but I don’t believe I’m using an ftb server, just vanilla and Spigot/Bukkit ones.

To to get some access to my WebUI, I deleted all of my dynmap tile files, set the dynmap config to lowres, and now it mostly works, just very slow. I’m still open to suggestions if you have further thoughts on how to solve this issue.

Thanks!

Question, did you also checkout fireworm_tracking? I apologize, I left it out of the above post.

git fetch
git checkout fireworm_tracking
git pull
supervisorctl restart mineos

Looks like it was still active from the other attempts:

root@mineos games/minecraft# git fetch
remote: Counting objects: 11, done.
remote: Total 11 (delta 7), reused 7 (delta 7), pack-reused 4
Unpacking objects: 100% (11/11), done.
From https://github.com/hexparrot/mineos-node
   4bb4eb3..14b11c2  master     -> origin/master
root@mineos games/minecraft# git checkout fireworm_tracking
Already on 'fireworm_tracking'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/fireworm_tracking'.
root@mineos games/minecraft# git pull
Already up-to-date.