wow, alot to go through here. first understand i am not looking over your shoulder there and have to go by what you are writing here. so lets see if i can follow along.
this is all wrong for the following reasons (none having to do with your using root but no doubt was an issue), my best luck getting an FTB server running was to follow step by step (others use different steps but all lead the same place):
- all in WebUI, create the server and configure the server config. (i only change 4 settings) so now my chosen server name is in the drop down box.
- download the vanilla minecraft of desired version in profiles, left side of WebUI.
- select that vanilla mc in the profile box, set java parameters, (min and max mem). and chck the broadcast server box.
- start the vanilla server, accept the ULEA, restart the server. this generates a world. then click the ‘live profile’ button.
if you can’t get this far an FTB server in the WebUI is beyond you at this point.
once a vanilla server is up, running, stable and established, stop it and move on to creating the FTB server by:
- again, all in WebUI, select and download the desired FTB files in the profile section, (note that some links are not working sometimes but can be manually d/l via the FTB client launcher and manually imported, i think Skyblock might be one of those. slightly different steps taken to get it working in that case). i will power on my server later to confirm.
- select and run the FTB jarfile in the drop down box. start the server.
- EULA again,start again. server should load all mods, start and you can log on via the client and move on to SFTP u/l your ‘world’ folder and get that one working.
none of this is done from the command line but i suppose all of it can be done from a command line. you would not require a WebUI at all in that case and limits the value of having MineOS available.
i might have forgotten something but a quick review of the instructions would remind me.
where did you type this BTW? you will find a command line interface inside the WebUI, down at the bottom of the screen that looks alot like a command box sowing the server status. enter commands there. there is also a screen for making players OP. OP commands are entered in the clients terminal.
from your pictures i can see you are starting 2 different servers with the same name, one modded and one vanilla. this can be done in MineOS as well by selecting that profile in the WebUI. vanilla takes seconds and a modded server takes longer to load.[quote=“Cyphecx, post:23, topic:1726”]
In reality I could just keep running the server the through the console like I have been but this for me has been a learning experience and I would not feel right if I did not get it working as best as I could, so I would like to be able to run it through the UI rather than the commandline on my personal computer. Again Im a extremely new to linux, networking, and running a server in this way,
it sounds like you spent a lot of time and effort to learn about Linux and command line and stuff.
i guess you missed the part where the WebUI eliminates all that, lol. AFAIK it was created for that reason, to simplify the mc experience.
so where to go from here? if it was me, i would start over by deleting everything, re-install the MineOS.ISO, use the default mc as user, note the assigned IP, log in via the WebUI and go from there.
if you are required to use the command line for whatever reason my advice may be of little help to you.
very best regards,
EDIT: [quote=“tNt, post:24, topic:1726”]
(note that some links are not working sometimes but can be manually d/l via the FTB client launcher and manually imported, i think Skyblock might be one of those. slightly different steps taken to get it working in that case)
in this case, command line and ServerStart.sh/FTBInstall.sh are also not used and i can go through it if required and will build a server here with you to confirm. i have also u/l my working skyblock server archive for others in the past and can again if needed, if i make one.
EDIT 2: i decided to build 2ea servers to refresh myself of the flavors FTBPresentsSkyfactory25-2.5.6 and FTBPresentsSkyfactory3-3.0.6 from the WebUI only. after that i will build the very latest Skyfactory available (need to discover what it is first). What version are you trying?