Upgrading to Minecraft (Spigot) 1.18

Hey,
so i have a Spigot 1.16 Minecraft Server which i need to update to the latest Version…

the webui is on the latest version and i manually installed java 16

unfortunatly, that somhow doesn’t work… if i use the webui than it says it downloads it but if i try to manually build it via command line it creates a 1.17.1 file… and i think that the “build spigot” and “copy to server” buttons don’t really work…

my ground Installation of MineOS is old… but i dont know which version is the newest, which i have since its appears that there are no version numbers…, if the new .iso (28.06.2021) has any changes to my current installation and if a new setup is nessesary or can i just update that with a commmand.

As mentioned in the Spigot 1.18 release notes… it requires Java 17, but i don’t know how to get that working on my Turnkey installation…

i am apologising for some english mistakes, since i am not a nativ speaker,
if any missunderstandings apear don’t hesitate to ask!

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

As mentioned in the Spigot 1.18 release notes… it requires Java 17, but i don’t know how to get that working on my Turnkey installation…

i tired to execute the steps from this post

apt remove java-common
wget https://download.java.net/java/GA/jdk17.0.1/2a2082e5a09d4267845be086888add4f/12/GPL/openjdk-17.0.1_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz
tar -xf openjdk-17.0.1_linux-x64_bin.tar.gz -C /opt/
ln -sf /opt/jdk-17.0.1/bin/java /usr/bin/java

now i can’t connect via ssh to my server… i need to set it up again now anyway so i will use the new .iso mentiont above…

1 Like

Hey, I had the exact issue as you. The issue is that for some reason MineOS doesn’t have the “spigot-1.18.jar” file in its “spigot_1.18” file. So what I did to fix this was download this (website to download the file). I then used putty to pscp the file from my personal computer into the “spigot_1.18” file. After doing so I went to the WebUI and copied the spigot profile again, then started the server and everything worked perfectly! It’s a bit of a hassel to do but it works.

1 Like

You lost me at putty… I am local to the server using the keyboard… Is there a way to do this not remote?