Unable to update WebUI

I wish I knew. I continue to be able to start up my containers without any issue–I can’t reproduce it, and without being able to repro it, I can’t fix it…still examining …

Perhaps git lost the +x perm, I’ll try updating that. Rebuilding them now…

docker loads now, but the webui isn’t accessible

That did it. Working perfectly now. Thanks very much!

As an aside: What’s the correct protocol for copying servers from one MineOS install to another? Copying /var/games/minecraft doesn’t show the servers in the webui. Is there some sort of registration files that needs to go with that?

Use the archive function that gives you the entire server in a compressed file. Then on the other server use the import server function

can you get the webui to load? I can get the docker to start but I can’t access the webui

I can, yes. What’s the container’s log file look like?

USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to “mc”
Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL…
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
…++++++
…++++++
writing new private key to ‘.tmpkey.pem’

writing RSA key
2017-06-12 09:26:44,827 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-12 09:26:44,827 WARN Included extra file “/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf” during parsing
2017-06-12 09:26:44,835 INFO RPC interface ‘supervisor’ initialized
2017-06-12 09:26:44,836 CRIT Server ‘unix_http_server’ running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-12 09:26:44,836 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-12 09:26:45,837 INFO spawned: ‘mineos’ with pid 31
2017-06-12 09:26:47,347 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Looks like it’s running alright. What happens when you try and navigate to the WebUI? Does the connection time out? Does it look like it’s trying to connect at all? Are you connecting over HTTPS?

1 Like

lol https did the trick - thanks!!

1 Like

An update: Everything has been going great. Not sure if you’re updating docker container builds manually or not Hexparrot, but every new commit of mineos-node gives me an update on unRAID, so thanks very much for that. Has made updating extremely easy!

Actually it was very recently that I learned to be a grown-up Git user and learned web hooks; now, after every commit, docker is indeed updated with the new features!

2 Likes

Fantastic! I figured it was something like that.