Unable to update WebUI

This might be the best place to start. Not much has changed in terms of npm dependencies over the years, but d9a604b is still pretty old, committed on Oct 13, 2016. It’s likely that posix is one of the only modules that actually require the build environment, so copying over the posix directory has the following advantages (potentially):

• allows you to use the most recent commit, which is highly recommended in general
  • takes minutes at most to test if it works
  • if it works, you can just save the posix directory somewhere else on the FS and rinse/repeat on each update

Also, if you used the official mineos docker file, it should have pulled from the HEAD of the master branch, which should be much newer than that… building might take longer than the posix copying so let’s try that first.

Well, I actually went ahead and moved everything over to the new instance, as I’d rather be using the official docker file anyway, but it’s still showing as being on d9a604b. This was just a bog-standard grab and install from Docker Hub. The only thing I changed was the repo from “hexparrot/mineos” to “hexparrot/mineos:latest” in the hopes that that would pull the most recent version, but apparently not. Is there something else I can do, or something on your end, perhaps?

I think this was the reason I started updating the webui via git in the first place, if memory serves. :stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, I see now that you were actually downloading from the Hub rather than the dockerfile (which I read as “Dockerfile”, a literal file of that name from github.com/hexparrot/mineos-docker.

It seems like it’s been 7 months since my docker hub image was updated, so I went and updated it. Both latest and node-jessie point to the same, updated UI.

I sometimes forget that this docker hub image gets downloaded–7 months was much too long between updates. Go ahead and pull from the docker hub again and you should be 100% up to date, using all the nice, modern module versions and all the UI fixes and enhancements I’ve made since.

Awesome. I’ve got people playing on servers at the moment, but I’ll update once they’re unused.

Out of interest, if I were to point unRAID to the mineos-docker repo, should it work? Might have to look into that…

Thanks for all the help with this. I’ve no idea how you manage it, but your turn-around time is fantastic.

Actually I’m not too sure how that would work, with my limited experience with unRAID (and to some degree, even docker).

I’m looking into webhooks, which apparently is the thing that solves this–each commit I make to mineos-node should (in a perfect world) just trigger the build on docker hub instead of waiting for me to build it and then push it.

Hopefully shortly I’ll be able to say “the docker hub image is always 100% up to date with all commits, no matter what”.

I think I might have figured out webhooks.

Now, upon each commit on master for hexparrot/mineos-node, it should trigger a new build in docker hub at:

hexparrot/mineos

It probably would be better if I could keep it at hexparrot/mineos, but that involves me deleting the repo and recreating it, which I’m hesitant to do; I’ll see about the implications of doing so.

Edit: Ignore this! This is what I did, after all. Only one shall exist.

Alright, doing some testing with this. I have another instance running from mineos-docker, currently on commit d3eb568, which looks to be the latest commit (the dockerhub mineos files is on 878043b - 9 days ago vs. 11 hours for the mineos-docker repo). I’ll keep an eye on commits and post back if/when I get an update notification. Thanks again for all the help!

1 Like

Hi is the hexparrot/mineos-docker instance using Java 8 or Java 7? I can’t get it to work with 1.12 and I’m wondering if it’s because like my old docker it’s using Java 7?

Starting from 1.12, Minecraft will no longer support Java 6 or 7. If you are using the latest launcher, you do not need to worry about this as Minecraft ships with its own version of Java. If you know you are using your own version of Java however, you’ll need to make sure you’re using Java 8.

Edit: I can’t get 1.11.2 to work in an unraid docker either. I can install and access the webui, download profiles, but I can’t start servers - the EULA never appears

Edit 2: I was using the node docker - switched to the new https://hub.docker.com/r/hexparrot/mineos-docker and worked like a charm - thanks!

So something interesting here @hexparrot:

Checked for container updates last night, and as it stands now, the one based off hexparrot/mineos-node DOES have an update for it, and the one based off hexparrot/mineos-docker DOES NOT.

Should this not be the other way round, based on the changes you made with webhooks? I’m not complaining; it seems advantageous if this is repeatable, I just wasn’t aware the updates would work like this.

Edit for play-by-play:
Ran the update, got the following right before completion:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MineOS" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "USER_PASSWORD"="mcUser23" -p 25565-25575:25565-25575/tcp -p 8443:8443/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/mineos/":"/var/games/minecraft":rw -v "/mnt/user/backup/minecraft/archives/":"/var/games/minecraft/archive":rw -v "/mnt/user/backup/minecraft/restore-points/":"/var/games/minecraft/backup/":rw --cpuset-cpus=0,1,2,3 hexparrot/mineos:latest
53a83fe2b2d9f4304d186d3cc3f2f11be26657366aa2bd132fab58523193e717
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: containerd: container not started.

Starting the container gives:

container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "exec: \"/entrypoint.sh\": permission denied"
container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused "exec: \"/entrypoint.sh\": permission denied"

Edit again for completeness:
Tried copying the contents of /var/games/minecraft to the functional container (the one based off mineos-docker), started the container, but none of the servers are seen. Is there something else I should be doing? I know I could use the import folder, but that wouldn’t preserve backup data, and things like that, if I’m remembering correctly.

Looks like the servers ARE there, and DO start, but they don’t actually show up on the front-end, but the couple of servers I had set to auto-start, are in fact up.

Okay, I’l have to look into this. At this point, I’m abandoning hexparrot/mineos-docker. I went ahead and trashed hexparrot/mineos then rebuilt it so that still, only one should ever exist: hexparrot/mineos.

Although the failing to start is definitely a problem–I was able to start them without issue, but if you’re getting an error, you’re also not alone.

EDIT: found the hexparrot/mineos problem. OH JEEZ, bad entrypoint.sh from wget, I have no idea why my docker build . worked, but the hub uploaded version is definitely broken–fixing it right now; the auto build is running as we speak.

Applied the update to the mineos-node container, still getting the same [quote]container_linux.go:247: starting container process caused “exec: “/entrypoint.sh”: permission denied”[/quote] on start.

Anything I can look at that would be of help?

I wish I knew. I continue to be able to start up my containers without any issue–I can’t reproduce it, and without being able to repro it, I can’t fix it…still examining …

Perhaps git lost the +x perm, I’ll try updating that. Rebuilding them now…

docker loads now, but the webui isn’t accessible

That did it. Working perfectly now. Thanks very much!

As an aside: What’s the correct protocol for copying servers from one MineOS install to another? Copying /var/games/minecraft doesn’t show the servers in the webui. Is there some sort of registration files that needs to go with that?

Use the archive function that gives you the entire server in a compressed file. Then on the other server use the import server function

can you get the webui to load? I can get the docker to start but I can’t access the webui

I can, yes. What’s the container’s log file look like?

USER_NAME not provided; defaulting to “mc”
Created user: mc (uid: 1000)
Generating Self-Signed SSL…
Generating a 1024 bit RSA private key
…++++++
…++++++
writing new private key to ‘.tmpkey.pem’

writing RSA key
2017-06-12 09:26:44,827 CRIT Supervisor running as root (no user in config file)
2017-06-12 09:26:44,827 WARN Included extra file “/etc/supervisor/conf.d/mineos.conf” during parsing
2017-06-12 09:26:44,835 INFO RPC interface ‘supervisor’ initialized
2017-06-12 09:26:44,836 CRIT Server ‘unix_http_server’ running without any HTTP authentication checking
2017-06-12 09:26:44,836 INFO supervisord started with pid 1
2017-06-12 09:26:45,837 INFO spawned: ‘mineos’ with pid 31
2017-06-12 09:26:47,347 INFO success: mineos entered RUNNING state, process has stayed up for > than 1 seconds (startsecs)

Looks like it’s running alright. What happens when you try and navigate to the WebUI? Does the connection time out? Does it look like it’s trying to connect at all? Are you connecting over HTTPS?

1 Like

lol https did the trick - thanks!!

1 Like