Trouble downloading new MineOS

I’m not sure if this is considered Turnkey or distro, but I downloaded the updated download of the MineOS iso, because nothing else is working when it comes to network (Debian, TrueNAS, Ubuntu worked but had issues with terminal) so I’ve downloaded this, now I’m going through the download steps, seems like modified ubuntu, and I’m almost done, when it tells me something messed up in the download and sent me to desktop, I tried to log in and it said my login was wrong even though I knew it wasnt, any advice??

Do I want to download updates while installing or no? I’m new to linux, I’m mainly a windows user so it’s a bit difficult for me to understand all of the different “flavors” and distros of linux especially in terminals. Edit: It says “installer crashed” then tells me that I can make a bug report, etc.
Edit 2: It says “problem cannot be reported”, reason being “PermissionError(13, ‘Permission Denied’). After clicking continue it says “The installed encountered an unrecoverable error. A desktop session will now be run so that you may investigate the problem or try installing again.”

I don’t understand what you mean by the download steps.
Did you boot your computer from the DVD or CD or a USB with the ISO image on it?
Did it finish installing or is this where you’re having trouble? Linux typically is a little more complex in setting up wifi so a cabled connection is usually recommended (at least for initial setup, however running a server usually you’d have a cable).

Okay, so I am in ubuntu, it’s the distro from the “new updated MineOS download, I tried to log in with the information I know is correct, but it says incorrect, any reason why?