Systemctl start mineos not working

he’s trying to help me set one up for my own server bc i didnt need my old laptop anymore so im using it as a linux server

I did test to see if java is installed and it gave me this

java -version
openjdk version “11.0.21” 2023-10-17
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.21+9-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.21+9-post-Ubuntu-0ubuntu122.04, mixed mode, sharing)

nvm i missed this part, exit code 0 so it mean it loaded java’s service. But i would still check to see if its running, use the same systemctl command you used to check mineos

Also might need to look at mineos log, hard to say because the service is not running so there might not be one but just look and see if there is any as its probably starting then stopping.

How would I I dont ever have many errors when Doing this stuff so I dont know how to check java or hard logs

1 cd var/log

2 nano mineos.log

or just ftp to var/log/mineos.log

to check java just do systemctl java or systemctl js.service

i also don’t have a server atm so i cannot check this guidance before i suggest it. but those should be correct commands.

to get back to home just cd by itself or cd ./ maybe i cannot recall atm.

sudo cd var/mineos.log
sudo: cd: command not found
sudo: “cd” is a shell built-in command, it cannot be run directly.
sudo: the -s option may be used to run a privileged shell.
sudo: the -D option may be used to run a command in a specific directory.

nano mineos.log was empty

sudo systemctl java
Unknown command verb java.

read what it is telling you, remove sudo from the command you are also logged in as root i am pretty sure so you don’t need to use sudo as root.

java unknown so it meas use the second systemctl command

cd var/mineos.log
bash: cd: var/mineos.log: No such file or directory

and still the same thing for the rest

It did the same thing there to

this means there is no log so forget that part now.

heed this what does it say?, you also need to be a bit more clearer with your response

When running that
Unknown command verb js.servic
is all I get And I dont know what to do about that

sorry its systemctl service js.service or systemctl service java

Sorry my fault

No it is not your fault it is doing the same thing again and I am unsure of why cuz I tried it on my own server and it worked with that and I have mineos running fine

ok it could be a node.js issue also so go back over the node section in the guide and redo the commands, only for the node part. Restart the computer after that and see if it changes.

the log output in your OP is saying that both mineos and nodejs are loaded but i would retry the commands for node and see what happens.

Ok then I will do that and be back

Ok I did it but the same stuff is happening

I am at a loss hard to diagnose something with limited information and not being in front of it.

MineOS Turnkey is an option that will work right out of the box. I recommend this because its setup well, personally i prefer this distro for this reason because its tailor designed for MineOS and just works.

Hi.
Have you taken a look at the troubleshooting page?

I suspect your node-dependencies are not met, and that they fail during installation. And since some dependencies are missing MineOS refuses to start.

Please try this:

cd /usr/games/minecraft
npm install --unsafe-perm

Please note the --unsafe-perm at the end that differs from the installation instructions. This is due to MineOS’s age and dependencies to older node-elements. Node refuses to install them since there exists newer versions. We have to force it.

I run MineOS off a ubuntu server installation, and hae to install with the --unsafe-perm flag set.

Good luck

1 Like

hello can u help me i port forwading from router and gave my friends my public ip and send them the ip with 25565 which i port forwading and still wont work i am using my old pc ubuntu / mineos

Hi not_today.
This is a different problem from the problem in this thread.
Please make a new thread, or search the forum for a solution.