Schedule MineOS Reboot?

Well, I do have a few tweaks that can be made to make it run a lot smoother, as my modded servers use a xmx of 512MB but barely ever reach up to that point (it will usually reach up to a max of ~400MB but with ~100-200MB free, according to the command /lag in-game); just send/upload me an archive and I’ll see what I can do.

Wanted to chime in here on the cron/schedule issue.

From what I can tell, the schedule integration through the MineOS web GUI is more of an MineOS-only cron. For example only able to activate command-line such as /say and MineOS commands such as restart. Personally, I reboot my production MC server daily at 5a, and send out a warning to any connected clients before the reboot. My MineOS schedule/cron looks like:

50 4 * * *	stuff	/say AUTO-REBOOT IN 10 MINUTES
55 4 * * *	stuff	/say AUTO-REBOOT IN 5 MINUTES
59 4 * * *	stuff	/say AUTO-REBOOT IN ONE MINUTE
0 5 * * *	restart

If you’re looking to run actual cronjobs then you need to SSH into the box and run crontab -e. As an option, by default MineOS allows the SSH connections over a ShellInABox client (that acts as an SSH bridge) at https://ser.ver.ipadd.ress:12320/

Actual cron gets pretty deep, so make sure to do your research if you’re not familiar. Most importantly, leave a blank line at the end of the file so the command above it gets executed.

I believe there is a way to call the MineOS command line from SSH/cron (for example to run a /say command), but I don’t recall at the moment where that is.

3 Likes