MineOS Turnkey & 1.18

Hi, I can’t get 1.18 to run - server starts but stops more or less straight away. I can not then get the server to restart at all. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

I do not have any answers, but I am running into the same problem. I can run 1.17.1 and below perfectly, but as you said when I try 1.18 I click start on my WebUI and it just does not work.

That’s because 1.18 requires Java 17, but the newest MineOS ships with Java 16… i allready have a topic for that on this post where some things allready are mentioned.

1 Like

I ran into this issue when running MineOS on Ubuntu. The version of Java it ships with is 16 and not 17, you need to install Java 17.

Yeah, I have figured that out but I can’t seem to find anywhere how to upgrade MineOS Turnkey to Java 17 - if anybody can tell me I would be most appreciative.

Above i linked a Post. In the comments there are commands which will uninstall the old Java version and installs Java 17.

I on my server ran into problems… but i don’t know how your machine would react… i will reinstall MineOS and try it again and hopefully it works.

I have freshly created a virtual machine with the buster ISO. Installation went great and the WebUI is working perfectly. However, I have failed over and over in my attempt to install Java 17. Whilst in the SSH terminal, as root, I am running the commands:

apt remove java-common

And I receive in response:

java-common is not installed, so not removed

This is impossible because I have a 99% default installation, and my java -version returns a:

openjdk version "16.0.1" 2021-04-20
OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK-16.0.1+9 (build 16.0.1+9)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK-16.0.1+9 (build 16.0.1+9, mixed mode, sharing)

There has got to be an easier way. I hope one surfaces soon. Please let me know I am not the only one struggling.

1 Like

I’m struggling too. I have tried the but get permission denied… I need Sudo but need root access… I’m stuck

As of today, Turnkey ISO ships with Java 17.

1 Like