I cant start my vanilla server

Apologies, I didn’t see the post.
Which line did you get that error on? Can you run other bash commands?

when I type ‘‘cd/usr/games/minecraft/bin/bash update_webui.sh’’

it say ‘’-bash: cd/usr/games/minecraft/bin/bash: No shuch file or directory’’

I see the problem, you’ll need a space between cd and /usr…

1 Like

well now it says: ‘’-bash: cd: /usr/games/minecraft/bin/bash: No such file or directory’’

Try this:
cd /usr/games/minecraft

Then:
/bin/bash update_webui.sh

1 Like

/bin/bash: update_webui.sh: No such file or directory
Also, when I go in filezilla there is no bin file in minecraft

The first / denotes that you are calling for the root (main) directory which would have the bin directory.

So when you type: /bin/bash *file name* what you are telling the computer is “go to the main directory and look for a directory called bin. Inside there is a program named bash. Use that to run update_webui.sh

1 Like

Yes bash is under the bin folder but we have to stop for today, here it is 3am, I got to get some rest, sorry for any inconvenience that I might have caused you, It is really great that there are people like you helping others, thank you and good night

1 Like

Sure thing, we can resume at any time!

2 Likes

Hello again, when I try to reset the webui, after I type ‘‘git reset --hard origin/master’’
This appears: ‘‘HEAD is now at 4470b92 corrected -b base_dir not being extracted properly’’
And then after that, when I type: ‘‘rm -rf node_modules’’ and ‘‘npm install --unsafe-perm’’
The mineos site turnes to gibberish

Linking to your second post

https://discourse.codeemo.com/t/i-cant-start-my-vanilla-server-2/3922/4

Can you paste the linux info by running this command?
cat /etc/*-release

PRETTY_NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux 7 (wheezy)”
NAME=“Debian GNU/Linux”
VERSION_ID=“7”
VERSION=“7 (wheezy)”
ID=debian
ANSI_COLOR=“1;31”
HOME_URL=“http://www.debian.org/
SUPPORT_URL=“http://www.debian.org/support/
BUG_REPORT_URL=“http://bugs.debian.org/

Here you go

It appears that the kernel is out of date. I ran into this issue as well and had to upgrade. The package repositories were unavailable, so I had to completely rebuild from scratch. This website explains which versions are supported: Debian Wiki: LTS

Before going down that path, try to update the packages first.
Use these commands as either as root or a privileged account (you will need use the sudo before every command):
apt-get update
then use:
apt-get upgrade

If this produces a lot of errors, then the repository has been decommissioned.
What I recommend is that you back up the servers , and also make an image of your server, then try updating to Stretch. My personal experience found it rather difficult, so I scrapped the system and installed Stretch as a fresh install, then copied my servers over.

i tried to update the packages but there where so 404 errors and at the end nothing changed, I wiil now try to install strech.
Also, one question, should I use debian 10?

When I redid the build, Buster was still in beta. The current ISO build for Mineos uses Stretch, and that’s what I went with.

You should be able to install on Buster, but you’ll need to us the node-js install. I agree with @hexparrot that a rebuild is an extreme course to take and there may be other solutions to fix these issues. For me, the quickest way to a resolution was to rebuild.

actually for me a rebuild would be much simpler than coding (cause I suck at it, coding that is) but I do not have the parts for a new system

You wouldn’t need new hardware to upgrade to a newer version. But if this is the only bare metal system you have, I highly recommended that you perform a backup.

However, as @hexparrot mentioned, this could be solved by determining the source of the errors.

dont worry, it is not my main system so I dont care about any file loss.

Thank you for following through the steps. Now we know that if others run into this problem we can have them check their linux version.

1 Like