How do I manually update to the newest Spigot version?

The example will be generic in hopes that this can be found when others search for a solution as well.

MineOS shows BuildTools-lastest building a jar for spigot minecraft 1.9.4

However recently spigot has released spigot minecraft 1.10.2

Updating the BuildTools-Latest should be straight forward, but I lack the ability to figure out where and what I need to update. I wasted some time trying to do this on my own as I use to host my own server on ubuntu, but even with the jars available my mine OS knows nothing of their existence.

Since then I have deleted the var/games/minecraft/profiles/* and remade the directory. I have searched other places in hope of finding the “central” build-tool file so that I could remove it and replace it with the actual latest in hopes that would force MineOS to update, however I cannot find this location. This may not be the best solution.

So I ask you (anyone reading) what is your solution?
Have I carelessly forgotten an update process, or just ignorant to a few commands that would make my life easy?
What ever it is, thank you for reading :smiley:

EDIT for my own curiosity

How do I use git-hub to automatically update my MineOS distro ??
Do I just type $: cd ; $: git init ; and then $: git pull [LINK needed] master ?
Then reboot, and do typical apt-get updates?

First off:
What version of MineOS are you on?
Then what build of MineOS are you on?

In the node version of MineOS there is a menu choice to update the profile list in the upper corner where the WebUI user name is. (press the username, and the menu folds down).
In most cases this will update the profiles automatically

The latest build-tools are downloaded by pressing the “download latest build tools” in the spigot / bukkit menu.

If all else fails (or your MineOS build are to old) you should try updating the MineOS WebUI. There are several posts detailing how you do this, just search the formum.

I am running Node.js

How do I go about checking the version using ip:12320 ?

I know their is a lot of guides it is very hard to find one for the latestest release, detailing how to simply use terminal ( ip:12320 box) to update everything.

I apologize if I have missed one of these guides but the main website has click ables on the left and links inside them, but none of them ever get me the information I need

However, I have not done this yet today, so maybe they are more updated and if they are, I do apologize for waisting your time.

When clicking the menu as decribed I get a link to

There are only refresh buttons for the server, and profiles, however refreshing them still return 1.9.4 as the latest spigot

You do everthing except update the WebUI commit in the WebUI.

The current commit version is shown in the “user-menu” in the top corner. (where current username (usually “mc”) and a small arrow is located).

There is also a fresh guide made by @hexparrot that goes throug a lot of the console commands:

(this includes links to posts about updating the WebUI.

Thankyou,

I found the mine-os updating on the wiki to be a lot easier to read since the last time I went to it ( year or longer now)

I will attempt to completely refresh my mine-os version and then update it, and if that fails read though this guide you linked, and if that fails, I will update this thread,

again, thankyou :smiley:

1 Like

Update →

Close this thread, mark it as solved, simply doing the longer method of updating, followed by the update / reset commands , not sure if needed just did to make sure it was updated / and reset fixed my issue.

However I did get this gobble of txt

"npm WARN deprecated tough-cookie@2.2.2: ReDoS vulnerability parsing Set-Cookie https://nodesecurity.io/advisories/130
npm WARN deprecated graceful-fs@3.0.8: graceful-fs v3.0.0 and before will fail on node releases >= v7.0. Please update to graceful-fs@^4.0.0 as soon as possible. Use ‘npm ls graceful-fs’ to find it in the tree.
npm WARN deprecated to-iso-string@0.0.2: to-iso-string has been deprecated, use @segment/to-iso-string instead.
npm WARN deprecated jade@0.26.3: Jade has been renamed to pug, please install the latest version of pug instead of jade
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@0.3.0: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
npm WARN deprecated minimatch@2.0.10: Please update to minimatch 3.0.2 or higher to avoid a RegExp DoS issue
OK "

Didn’t see a “code box” link so hopefully that above isnt to ugly, hopefully in the neer future thier will be a small guide on how to update to minimatch 3.0.2?

This command is not meant to be used for anything except its prescribed purpose: to help npm modules build on FreeBSD only.

This would actually be dangerous. >> means append, which means with the proper permissions, you could be altering the binary entirely.

Warnings are warnings, not errors; this is not something that should be worried about.

It is recommended you use any (preferably updated) version in the Long-Term Support release line, 4.x.

5.x makes more significant changes to the NodeJS API which as of now are not the cause of any issues, but this is not something that can be relied upon in the future.