Servers not showing up in Server list

Sorry about te RAW input.

I updated The WEB-GUI on DEBIAN-VPS All was working. But foresome reason after i rebooted my VPS i’m getting this error.

Things i have Tried.

Reinstalling Via the Wiki
Deleting all profiles.
Recreating Profiles.
Creating a Demo Used (non Privilages)

I feel the issue is somethign to do with Permission at the base of the Output 999 O.o Not to sure what that is.

Love some help mate.

04/Sep/2014:05:35:18] HTTP 
Request Headers:
  REFERER: https://vps25742.vps.ovh.ca:8080/
  HOST: vps25742.vps.ovh.ca:8080
  CONNECTION: keep-alive
  Remote-Addr: 59.167.203.54
  ACCEPT: application/json, text/javascript, */*; q=0.01
  USER-AGENT: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.103 Safari/537.36
  X-REQUESTED-WITH: XMLHttpRequest
  ACCEPT-LANGUAGE: en-US,en;q=0.8
  ACCEPT-ENCODING: gzip,deflate
  COOKIE: session_id=cd568abacd3a81f32ec31737e75771071c2b3d3e
[04/Sep/2014:05:35:18] HTTP Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 656, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 188, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/lib/jsontools.py", line 61, in json_handler
    value = cherrypy.serving.request._json_inner_handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 34, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mounts.py", line 44, in status
    for i in self.server_list():
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mounts.py", line 37, in server_list
    if mc.has_server_rights(self.login, i, self.base_directory):
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mineos.py", line 1551, in has_server_rights
    has_rights = cls.has_ownership(username, path_)
  File "/usr/games/minecraft/mineos.py", line 1531, in has_ownership
    owner_user = getpwuid(uid)
KeyError: 'getpwuid(): uid not found: 999'

Have you created any users or groups that have since been deleted?

Were either of them linked to any server that currently existing?

The trace back seems to suggest that it has found a directory chowned by uid 999 that no longer exists.

Check to see if any directories in servers, archives or backups are mis-chowned. Chowning their user and group to a known pair will be the best first step.

A: Yes but none were id 999 in which for Debian 0-999 are Reserved for System.

A: No

This looks to be true but my “/etc/passwd” has no referances to 999 user and i dont recall one being made.
Can you advise on a fix?

A: I have provided a picture for Referance.
http://s9.postimg.org/smhm984i5/Screenshot_22.png

Left most is SSH Login
Center is Logfile
Right most is mineOS after creating a serrver with Test account Will.

Anything else i can do to help?
Any feedback other people can give much appreciated.

~Thanks Hexparrot for your Reply.

Alright, so I was able to figure out something.

It is odd that anything would have been assigned to user id 999; I can’t think of any reason why it would attempt to look that one up.

I see in the screenshot you created a user called ‘will’–and by the time you navigated to /var/games/minecraft/servers the server within was already assigned to the user ‘will’. This strikes me as odd, as there are no chowning steps shown there.

In other words, I think despite the name matching ‘will’, what the filesystem thinks is ‘owned by will’ and what the /etc/password thinks the ‘uid of will’ is very different. I was only able to half simulate the behavior you experienced; here is what I did.

1. user ‘will’ created (1001/1002)
  2. server created as ‘will’
  3. user ‘will’ deleted
  4. filesystem looks to who owns the server…it is marked as owned by ‘1001’…but that user doesn’t have a corresponding username. Thus, the filesystem reports “yes, its owned by 1001”
  5. logged into the web-ui as root.
  6. web-ui reported errors in /var/log/mineos.log: KeyError: 'getpwuid(): uid not found: 1001’
  7. created user ‘will’ (1001/1002).
  8. filesystem reports ‘will’ owns the server again.

As you can see in my attempts at reproducing the issue, I was entirely unable (from examples not described here, too) that I never saw the server at any point owned by a UID <= 999. So that behavior seems to just baffle me.

Ultimately, I think the best thing you can do is do a full chown of all of your /var/games/minecraft to root:root then do a chown to your chosen username/group:

[ensure the myuser:myuser username/group exists]
chown -R root:root /var/games/minecraft
chown -R myuser:myuser /var/games/minecraft/{servers,archive,backup}/*

(this assumes you only intend for one owner to manage all of them–adjust the * to individual server names as necessary.)

This–in my valuation–should expunge any and all traces of 999 (however it got there) and restore it to 0:0, then to >=1000:>=1000. I think this is the best course of action.