PaperSpigot Not Starting

I installed paper-192.jar from the PaperSpigot website, I moved this .jar file to the /var/games/server/myworld/ directory.

In the web-ui, from the “Server Status” tab, I’ve set the profile to Mojang 1.15.2 and the runnable jar option to the paper-192.jar file which I had downloaded.

Pressing the green start button with only the -Xms and -Xmx options filled starts the server. However, when I place the following:

-XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -XX:+AlwaysPreTouch -XX:G1NewSizePercent=30 -XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=40 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=8M -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:G1HeapWastePercent=5 -XX:G1MixedGCCountTarget=8 -XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=15 -XX:G1MixedGCLiveThresholdPercent=90 -XX:G1RSetUpdatingPauseTimePercent=5 -XX:SurvivorRatio=32 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=1 -Dusing.aikars.flags=true -Daikars.new.flags=true -server

in the additional java arguments box, the start button does not do anything and the server doesn’t start.

I am able to use the same arguments through the command like with the same .jar file (paper-192.jar) to start the server and the server does in fact start. I am unable to start the server from the web-ui.

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?