MineOS Turnkey Installation Problem

When I boot to the ISO (Burned to a CD) on my Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo, I get an I/O error “Failed to IDENTIFY (I/O error, err_mask=0x4)” repeated several times on both the HDD and the CD drive then get BusyBox inbuilt Shell. The hard disk has two partitions, one is unformatted the other contains Windows XP. This happens before the install has reached the Debian install/partition manager.

Any help would be much appreciated
Jake

Best guess is that there is lack of hardware support for your particular combination of devices, between your mobo and/or your cd-drive.

Adding drivers to a distro is not a trivial task, and for anybody new to Linux, I’d vehemently recommend against it. It seems that the error you’re getting isn’t uncommon to Ubuntu installations, and it reported it is a driver issue for them, as well.

TL;DR: Sorry, it seems that Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo hardware isn’t supported by the kernel that Turnkey Linux provides! Since Ubuntu and Debian are close relatives to TKL, you might try a different distro that MineOS works with.