Fabric on mineos?

That was exactly what I needed, thank you very much! The server is currently up and running, and I’m connected!

Thanks again, I can’t tell you how excited I am to finally be able to sort inventories!

2 Likes

Thanks it works! But does anyone know a good list of server side optimization tools/ steps for fabric?

Hi I just started using Mineos to set up a Minecraft server for my friends. I would like to install the Fabric server client on Mineos and I read this forum but when I type these commands on the SSH (putty):
“cp minecraft_server.[1.17].jar server.jar” (I didn’t put quotations)
it replies “cp: cannot stat ‘minecraft_server.[1.17].jar’: No such file or directory”
then I try the other command to see if it worked:
“java -jar fabric-installer-[0.7.4].jar server”
and it replies:
“cp: cannot stat ‘minecraft_server.[0.7.4].jar’: No such file or directory”
Are the numbers the correct inputs? What should I do?
I’m trying to install Fabric so I can install the lithium mod, and Hydrogen mod to improve my server performance since it is the bare minimum spec to run a Minecraft server. Please help me and thank you in advance.

Drop the square brackets. They are there to signify a variable you have to change out

1 Like

Hi there,

So I followed the steps and everything copied over but when I try to run it the server will just fail when it says fabric is preparing JARs on first launch. I am using Mojang 1.16.5 as the profile and followed the steps as listed above. I made sure to set the Java settings to the fabric-server-launcher.jar as well and have made sure the server has 4 GB of ram available to it. Is there something I am missing?

I do see in the latest.log “Incomplete remapped file found! This means that the remapping process failed on the previous launch. If this persists, make sure to let us at Fabric know!”

I am going to try it with an older version of fabric as I am using fabric-installer-0.7.4 and getting this error

Could you make a more detailed version of this? I have tried but can not figure out how to do it.

What happened, or where did it fail? What where your error messages?

My post above is really each step you need to take (just remember to drop the square brackets ( [ ] ): where you need to insert the corret version to match the correct filenames.
Fabric on mineos? - #2 by iMelsom

I tried to install the .JAR with the sFTP client, but I could not connect to my server.

And what happends when you try to connect or transfer ? What sftp client do you use? I recoomend https://filezilla-project.org/, as it is easier and more intuitive.

Hello I seem to be getting almost the same issues as VincedoubleO was getting. I’ve used FileZilla to put the installer in the directory, however, when I put in “cp minecraft_server.1.17.1.jar server.jar” it come up with “cp: cannot stat ‘minecraft_server.1.17.1.jar’: No such file or directory” and with I try “java -jar fabric-installer-0.8.2.jar server” it gives me “Error: Unable to access jarfile fabric-installer-0.8.2.jar”. I have tried running these from both root and mc and while both directly on the computer and while using SSH. Even though these aren’t working the .jar still appears under the runnable jar selector in MineOS. However, when I select fabric it will not start the server. I accept the EULA and everything but when I click start it does nothing. I thought it might just be taking a bit to start up but I let it sit and it seems like it just doesn’t want to start. If you have any thoughts let me know because I cannot seem to figure it out.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem I have tried almost everything. I doubt anyone will respond to me because of how old this is but I tried

I usually create a server in MineOS, install Fabric server to empty folder on windows and transfer to linux except the server.properties.
The change jar to the fabric server jar.

Ok I will give this a go when I have time to mess around with it next. I’ll let you know if it does work for me.

Here is a more detailed version of the process

1. Download the fabric installer Installation for Minecraft Launcher | Fabric (Make sure to download the universal jar, not the windows jar)
  2. Run the fabric installer; click the Server tab, change Minecraft version if necessary, click Install, click Download server jar, then close the menus
  3. Go to downloads and delete fabric-server-launch.jar since you won’t need it

Now in MineOS, create a new server or do this process on an existing server

1. Change the profile under the start button to the version of Minecraft you are using
    *If it is not there download it from the profiles tab on the left
  2. Click Copy profile to live servers
  3. Copy server.jar and fabric-installer-[version number].jar into the server via an sFTP program ([version number] should be something like 0.10.2)

Now open command prompt and connect to your server
*Do not include the quotations when running the following commands

1. Run the command: “cd /var/games/minecraft/servers/[Your Server]” to set your directory to the Minecraft server you’re editing
    -Replace [Your Server] with your server name
  2. Run the command: “cp minecraft_server.[version].jar server.jar”
    -Replace [version] with the version of Minecraft you’re using
  3. Run the command: “java -jar fabric-installer-[version number].jar server”
    -Replace [version number] with the version of the fabric installer you installed earlier

Now go back to MineOS

1. Under Java Settings, change the runnable jar to “fabric-server-launch.jar”
  2. Start the server
  3. Wait a long time for the server to start

I hope this helps with the problems people were having!

1 Like

Just found a much simpler way to go about this and, unlike the other method, it works for earlier versions of Minecraft as well. Although, after testing this out, it does not run as well.

1. Download the fabric installer Installation for Minecraft Launcher | Fabric (Make sure to download the universal jar, not the windows jar)

Now in MineOS, create a new server or do this process on an existing server

1. Change the profile under the start button to the version of Minecraft you are using
    If it is not there download it from the profiles tab on the left
  2. Click Copy profile to live servers
  3. Copy fabric-installer-[version number].jar into the server via an sFTP program ([version number] should be something like 0.10.2)

Now open command prompt
*Do not include the quotations when running the following commands

1. Run the command: “ssh -l root [ip address]” to connect to your server
    -Replace [ip address] with the address of your server
  2. Run the command: “cd /var/games/minecraft/servers/[Your Server]” to set your directory to the Minecraft server you’re editing
    -Replace [Your Server] with your server name
  3. Run the command: “java -jar fabric-installer-[version number].jar server -mcversion [Minecraft version] -downloadMinecraft"
    -Replace [version number] with the version number from earlier
    -Replace [Minecraft version] with the version of Minecraft you’re using

Now go back to MineOS

1. Under Java Settings, change the runnable jar to “fabric-server-launch.jar”
  2. Start the server
  3. Wait a long time for the server to start

You might have to kill the server and start it up again or restart it a couple times for it to start working
I found this solution at player:tutorials:install_server [Fabric Wiki]

Don’t use root.
You should use a standard user account for mineos. This means for permissions to be correct you shouldn’t ssh in as root you should ssh in as your standard usr account. Then when getting the fabric launcher and running the installer the permissions will be correct.

2 Likes

hello i am getting the same error, did you find the fix?

I made an account for this site just to comment on this post.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you so much, this is flippen fantastic. You have no idea how many headaches you have saved me, and it worked first try.

I have been struggling to get my MineOS just working (some things weren’t working then 10 minutes later they were).

So just THANK YOU

thank you so much this fixed all the issues i just had to ssh and ftp with mc and not root account

1 Like